Danger from incense smoke Frequent inhalation can increase the risk of cancer.
Making merit and paying homage to Buddha It is a tradition that Thai people have been practicing for a long time. By using incense sticks and candles to show respect to sacred things. But when burning a lot of incense This will cause a lot of incense smoke to cover that area. Some people who breathe in the incense smoke may feel like they have trouble breathing. Some people get so much smoke in their eyes that they sting. And what substances are there in incense smoke? Which substances put us at risk of getting cancer? Which risk groups must be especially careful? Admin has an answer for you. Report from ทางเข้า ufabet
What is in the incense smoke?
- Small dust particles (Particulate Matter, PM)
- Nitrogen oxide gas and nitrogen dioxide
- carbon monoxide gas
- Sulfur dioxide gas
- Organic compounds resulting from the combustion of extracts that give off aromatic aroma, such as Volatile organic compounds, Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are one of the carcinogens.
Risk groups that need to be especially careful
Group of children, pregnant women Elderly people and people with chronic diseases such as heart disease, asthma, allergies, and emphysema are at risk groups that are more affected than other groups.
How to prevent danger from incense smoke
- If it is necessary to light incense, it should be lit in an open area. Good ventilation
- If necessary, stay in the place where incense is burned. You should wear a mask. Or cover your nose with a handkerchief.
- Avoid staying in places where incense is burned for long periods of time. To reduce the inhalation of dust, gases, or chemicals that affect health.
- Use incense sticks or electric candles instead.
The Additional Risk of Smoke Inhalation
This risk depends on the amount, exposure time, and inhalation. People who work in any place contacting with incense or places of worship are more likely to have those diseases. Apart from health problems, smoke from incense is one of the air pollutants causing “ global warming”.
Therefore, we suggested, “reduce, avoid, and stop using incense”. If you must use it, you may choose a short one to decrease burning time or select electrical incense instead. If you use incense in your house, you should do in ventilated areas and avoid closed rooms. In case of going to places of worship, you should always wear a mask to reduce the effects of incense.